“Bernie’s Barrelman Ale” to be Served Exclusively at Miller Park Beginning Next Week; Name Selected in Online Vote
By an overwhelming margin, “Bernie’s Barrelman Ale” was selected as the name for a new beer that celebrates a partnership between the Milwaukee Brewers and Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company. The limited-release beer will be available exclusively at Miller Park beginning this Monday, May 27. Over 10,000 votes were received and 55% voted for the winning name.
“With Milwaukee’s heritage of brewing beer, an ale made exclusively for the Brewers was a great opportunity to pursue,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “We appreciate the work that Leinie’s and our partners at MillerCoors put into this initiative, and were thrilled with the response of the fans in naming the new beer.”
The new beer is an ale, brewed with pale and roasted caramel malts along with Cascade, Nugget and Willamette hops. It will be available exclusively at Miller Park and fans will be able to purchase the “New Brew” at locations on the Field Level behind sections 103, 118 and 125; on the Loge Level behind home plate and sections 206 and 213; and on the Terrace Level outside sections 413, 420 and 432.
“A great beer deserves a great name, so we’re thankful for the teamwork from the Brewers and fans,” said Jake Leinenkugel, President of Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co. “We’re sure fans will have many opportunities to raise a glass of Bernie’s Barrelman Ale to toast the Brewers’ success.”
In addition, Bernie’s Barrelman Ale will be available for tasting by credentialed media in the Media Dining Room prior to Monday’s Memorial Day game against the Twins.
The other names up for a vote included “Brew Crew Brew” (which netted 35% of the vote) and “Brewers All-Star Ale” (10%).
For more information, please visit Brewers.com/newbrew.
Fans Can Enter to Win One-of-a-Kind Prizes and Help Support the Brewers Community Foundation
The cliché “one of a kind…” is heard all too often, but the “2013 Milwaukee Brewers Ultimate Fan Experience” is something that would be next to impossible to replicate.
Through the sweepstakes, one lucky fan will be chosen to receive the following prize package:
- A Bob Uecker Game-Worn Sweater—a colorful, warm piece of history worn by a colorful man. The sweater comes complete with a Major League Baseball authentication hologram that shows Mr. Baseball wore the sweater during a Brewers radio broadcast this year.
- Yovani Gallardo’s Game-Worn 2013 Opening Day Jersey that was donned by the Brewers righthander for his fourth consecutive Opening Day start. The jersey is authenticated by Major League Baseball.
- Four Round-Trip Southwest Airlines Tickets to or from Milwaukee (any destination served by Southwest Airlines).
- Four Field Diamond Box Tickets to any 2013 Milwaukee Brewers regular season game at Miller Park.
- A Chance to Slide Down Bernie Brewer’s Slide along with three of your friends.
- Bob Uecker Meet and Greet – Your group of four will meet “Ueck” on the field during batting practice before a Brewers game at Miller Park. You will then be able to watch batting practice on the field and have your photo taken in the Brewers dugout.
- Your Own Bobblehead – The Brewers will create a bobblehead in your image and produce the item for your personal collection.
Sweepstakes tickets are just $1, and the more times you enter, the better chance of winning. Tickets will be available at Brewers.com/ultimatesweeps beginning today at 10 a.m. CT through Tuesday, June 11 at 10 a.m. CT. No purchase necessary. Entries are also accepted by writing to: Brewers Ultimate Fan Experience Sweepstakes, c/o Brewers Community Foundation, One Brewers Way, Milwaukee, WI 53214.
“We wanted to offer a package that was truly unique, and it all starts with an item like Ueck’s game-worn sweater,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “We think this will be a very popular contest with an appeal to Brewers fans of all ages.”
The winning name will be drawn on or around Monday, June 17. Net proceeds from the sweepstakes will benefit the programs supported by the Brewers Community Foundation. For complete rules and more information, please visit Brewers.com/ultimatesweeps.
The Brewers today launched a new feature on Brewers.com that will allow fans to select specific seat locations online. The interactive seat maps are now live on Brewers.com and are available for all remaining games at Miller Park including the next home game, Monday, April 29th vs. Pittsburgh.
The Brewers partnered with ticking provider, Tickets.com and Major League Baseball Advanced Media to enable the technology on Brewers.com.
The user-friendly interface allows ticket purchasers the ability to narrow their search for tickets by using a map that shows specific single game ticket availability in their favorite seating sections—all the way down to specific rows and seats. The system also allows fans to find ticket availability by most desired ticket price points for specific games as well as finding special ticket offers.
Maps are available online at www.brewers.com/tickets beginning immediately.
The Milwaukee Brewers will celebrate and thank Brewers fans tomorrow—April 4, “4/4”—with a special one day only ticket offer “4/4 Special 4 Our Fans.” The ticket offer is presented by Toyota. Loge Bleachers, Loge Outfield and Terrace tickets will be priced at just $4.04 (plus applicable service charges) for the Brewers series against the San Francisco Giants at Miller Park, set for April 16–18.
Tickets will go on sale exclusively on Brewers.com/4ourfans at 9 a.m. tomorrow and will be available until 11:59 p.m. or until supply is exhausted. In order to take part in the offer, fans can find special offer codes from any of the various Brewers social media channels including:
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/brewers)
- Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/brewersbaseball)
- John and Cait Plus Nine (brewers.mlblogs.com)
There is a limit of eight tickets per game. More information on this special sale can be found at Brewers.com/4ourfans
Joseph Attanasio to Continue Tradition of Performing the Opening Day National Anthem; James Beckum of Beckum-Stapleton Little League to Throw Ceremonial First Pitch
The Milwaukee Brewers begin the 2013 season at Miller Park on Monday against the Colorado Rockies. Details for Opening Day ceremonies follow. In addition, promotions for the first homestand, including the first All Fan Bobblehead giveaway – Norichika Aoki on Sunday, April 7 – are included below.
Ticket Availability: Tickets for Opening Day are sold out. Tickets remain available for the other five games of the homestand.
Monday, April 1 vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:10 p.m. (Opening Day)
· Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on Opening Day. The gates to Miller Park will open at 11 a.m. Please note the changes to gate opening times for the 2013 season. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to first pitch for all games this season except for Opening Day and all Saturday games in June, July and August. For those games, gates will open two hours prior to first pitch. Parking lots will open three hours before every game this season.
· First Pitch: James Beckum, founder of the Beckum-Stapleton Little League and former Negro Leagues player, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Beckum started the Beckum-Stapleton Little League on Milwaukee’s near north side in 1964 and has been a fixture in the community and in the league ever since. Beckum will be joined on the field for the first pitch by two players from the Beckum-Stapleton Little League and the RBI Program in Milwaukee. Titus Brown, 12, and Paniya Stewart, 11, both from Milwaukee, will join Stapleton on the field for the first pitch.
· National Anthem: Joseph Attanasio, father of Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio, will sing the national anthem before Monday’s Opening Day.
· Caterpillar Global Mining Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2013 magnetic schedule, compliments of Caterpillar Global Mining. All fans will also receive a Brewers rally towel.
· The 11th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Famous Racing Sausages will take part in the 11th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
The Brewers want to ensure the fan experience at Miller Park is enjoyable and that begins with traveling to and from the game. Throughout the early season games, periodic lane closures will be in effect on I-94. Fans are encouraged to stay up to date on traffic information by visiting the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website at http://www.511wi.gov for up to the minute lane closures, alternate routes and other traffic information. For more information tailored specifically to arriving and departing Miller Park, visit the Miller Park tab at Brewers.com.
OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
The Brewers are urging fans to plan ahead when considering parking options for all games at Miller Park, but in particular for Opening Day. Fans may purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park through the Miller Park Box Office, Brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000. Please note, a limited number of parking passes are available for Opening Day.
Consistent with recent years, the Brewers have arranged for overflow parking at Wisconsin State Fair Park for Opening Day. In the likely event that Miller Park lots reach capacity, fans may take the 84th street exit from I-94 and enter through gate #7. From there, they will see signage and staff directing them to the parking area. A $15 fee will cover vehicle parking and shuttle services are free. Buses, provided by Riteway Bus, will be staged near the U.S. Cellular® Gate at State Fair Park and will offer service to and from Miller Park before and after the game. Shuttle services are scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. and will run until approximately 1.5 hours after the game. Buses will pick up in the drop-off location which will be located on VA grounds. Fans should follow the path marked “Stadium” which will lead them to the Right Field Gate. Please tune in to AM 1180 or go to @Bernie_Brewer on Twitter for up to the minute information.
Tuesday, April 2 vs. Colorado Rockies 7:10 p.m.
· Singles Night, hosted by It’s Just Lunch®: For just $48, fans will receive a Dew Deck Ticket for the Brewers vs. Rockies game, which includes a pre-game buffet and two drinks per person, plus the opportunity to mix and mingle with area singles. For details, visit brewers.com/specialevents.
Wednesday, April 3 vs. Colorado Rockies, 7:10 p.m.
Friday, April 5 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 7:10 p.m
· Time Warner Cable Student Night: College and high school students can purchase $9 Terrace Reserved and $11.50 Loge Bleacher tickets (Excluding Miller Lite Beerpen) courtesy of Time Warner Cable. The first 250 students to purchase tickets in the Time Warner Cable Student Nights Section (Section 233) will receive a free t-shirt. For more information, visit brewers.com/students.
· $15 Fair Fridays: For $15, fans can purchase a Fair Friday package that includes one Terrace Reserved ticket and one general admission ticket to the Wisconsin State Fair presented by U.S Cellular. For more information, visit brewers.com/statefair.
· Miller Lite Beerpen: All fans 21 and older can be a part of the Miller Lite Beerpen in the Right Field Loge Bleachers. Tickets are $23 and include a Brewers t-shirt and special entertainment in the Miller Lite Beerpen. For more information, visit brewers.com/beerpen.
Saturday, April 6 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 6:10 p.m.
· Potawatomi Bingo Casino Brewers Pen Schedule: All fans will receive a 2013 Brewers Pen Schedule presented by Potawatomi Bingo Casino.
Sunday, April 7 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 1:10 p.m.
· Norichika Aoki Bobblehead presented by Robert Haack Diamonds: All fans will receive a Bobblehead featuring Brewers outfielder Norichika Aoki, presented by Robert Haack Diamonds.
· Blue Bunny Ice Cream Sunday: The first 2,000 fans 12 and under will receive a voucher redeemable for a free Blue Bunny Ice Cream treat upon entering Miller Park. The vouchers are redeemable from the time gates open through the end of the first inning of the game.
Former Milwaukee Braves shortstop Johnny Logan will be honored on Thursday, June 6 as the newest member of the Miller Park Walk of Fame. In January, the Brewers announced Logan received over 72% of the vote (32 votes) in Walk of Fame balloting, which includes members of the media throughout Wisconsin as well as Brewers executives. Logan’s election marks the first time since Lew Burdette (2010) that a player will be inducted.
Logan played in Milwaukee from 1953 – 1961 and appeared in four All-Star Games as a member of the Braves. For his 13 year career, Logan hit .268 with 93 home runs and 547 RBI. He was a member of the Braves World Series Championship team in 1957 and the National League Championship team in 1958. Logan was signed by the Boston Braves in 1947 and made his Major League debut with Boston in 1951. After playing in Milwaukee, he played three seasons with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Other past winners of the award include Hank Aaron, Rollie Fingers, Paul Molitor, and Robin Yount in 2001; Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig and Cecil Cooper in 2002; Bob Uecker and Harry Dalton in 2003; Jim Gantner and Gorman Thomas in 2004; Don Money and Harvey Kuenn in 2005; Eddie Mathews, Warren Spahn and John Quinn in 2007 (the first year that former Braves players appeared on the ballot); and Lew Burdette in 2010.
Each inductee is honored with a granite plaque that is placed into the terrace area walkway that surrounds Miller Park.
After playing over 30 Spring Training games in Phoenix for Spring Training, the Milwaukee Brewers return home to Miller Park to close the exhibition season with two games against the Chicago White Sox. The Brewers and their former American League Central rivals will play Friday at 7:10 p.m. and on Saturday at 1:10 p.m.
Tickets for both games are available and are priced at $10 (Field Diamond Box was $15 but are sold out). General parking is $9 if purchased in advance and $10 on the day of the game. Preferred parking is $14 in advance and $18 on the day of the game. Tickets are available by visiting the Miller Park Box Office, online at Brewers.com or by calling the Brewers ticket office at 414-902-4000 or 1-800-933-7890.
The Brewers would also like to make fans aware of several logistical notes before the games this weekend.
- I-94 Lane Closures – The Brewers want to ensure the fan experience at Miller Park is enjoyable and that begins with traveling to and from the game. Throughout the early season games, periodic lane closures will be in effect on I-94. Fans are encouraged to stay up to date on traffic information by visiting the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website at http://www.511wi.gov for up to the minute lane closures, alternate routes and other traffic information.
- Gate Times – Gate times at Miller Park have been adjusted for the 2013 season. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to first pitch for all games this season except Opening Day and all Saturday games in June July and August. For those games, gates will open two hours prior to first pitch.
- Parking Lots – The Miller Park parking lots will open three hours prior to all games this season.
- Weather – With the unusually cold outdoor temperatures this month, fans may care to bring a light jacket to the exhibition games, especially the evening game on Friday. Temperatures in Miller Park will be approximately 30 degrees warmer than outside, meaning it may feel slightly cooler than normal inside the seating bowl.
- Design a YOUniform – In January at Brewers On Deck, the Brewers announced Ben Peters as the winner of the “Design a YOUniform” contest. Nearly 700 fans entered their alternate uniform designs in the contest, and Peters’ winning uniform will be worn by the team for the game on Saturday. Merchandise featuring the winning design is on sale at the Brewers Team Store by Majestic.