Results tagged ‘ bobbleheads ’
Free Opening Day Ticket Included in Packages Starting at Just $180
The countdown to Opening Day is on – with 88 days to go – and fans can secure their seat to the Home Opener on Monday, April 1 vs. the Colorado Rockies as Brewers 10-Packs go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m. There are five exciting plans to choose from, all featuring 10 home games, plus Opening Day or any other game of the fan’s choice for FREE (while supplies last).
Each 10-Pack includes an Interleague Game and at least one Marquee Game against the Chicago Cubs at the reduced rated of regular game (Blue Game) prices. The Weekend Plan and Premier Plan feature a pair of All-Fan Bobblehead dates (see attachment for bobblehead games) as well as a variety of Gold Games at the regular rate. The Rivals Plus Plan includes one All-Fan Bobblehead date, an Interleague matchup vs. the Minnesota Twins, two Marquee Games against the division rival Cubs and three Gold Games. The Hot Summer Nights Plan also includes two Marquee Games against the Cubs, while the Friday Plan includes an Interleague Game against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim on August 30.
Packages start at $180 per seat in the Terrace Reserved ($18 per game) and can also be purchased in the Terrace Box for $240 ($24 per game), the Loge Outfield Box for $340 ($34 per game), the Club Outfield Box for $400 ($40 per game, no wait service), the Loge Infield Box for $400 ($40 per game), the Field Outfield Box for $420 ($42 per game) and the Loge Diamond Box for $480 ($48 per game).
The Brewers 10-Packs offer several benefits, including savings on parking, regular pricing for Gold and Marquee Games and a guaranteed seat location for the 10 games in each plan (exact seating is not guaranteed for Opening Day).
Fans interested in purchasing 10-Packs are encouraged to call 414-902-HITS (4487) or visit brewers.com/10packs for more information. A complete list of all five 10-Pack Plans is attached.
Also, fans can take advantage of exclusive benefits on 20-Game Plans, which offer more seating options, additional per-ticket savings and the opportunity to purchase tickets to postseason games played at Miller Park. Fans can choose one of four pre-selected plans with guaranteed seat locations: Opening Day, Business, Saturday Plus or Sunday Plus. Plus, with the purchase of a 20-Game Plan, fans will be eligible for the Brewers “Fan-Tastic Forty” promotion, which offers 40 fantastic prizes given away over 40 days!
Fans can also join in sharing the excitement of counting down to Brewers Opening Day on Facebook at facebook.com/brewers or on Twitter by following (@Brewers), (@Bernie_Brewer) and/or using the hashtag #SEEUAPRIL1.
BREWERS 10-PACK PLANS
(All five plans also include Opening Day, Monday, April 1, 2013 vs. the Colorado Rockies or any other game of the fan’s choice FREE)
Sunday, April 7 Arizona 1:10 p.m.* (Norichika Aoki bobblehead)
Saturday, April 20 Chicago-NL TBD
Saturday, May 25 Pittsburgh TBD
Sunday, June 23 Atlanta 1:10 p.m.* (Klement’s Famous Racing Sausage Polish)
Saturday, July 6 New York-NL TBD
Sunday, July 21 Miami 1:10 p.m.
Sunday, August 18 Cincinnati 1:10 p.m.
Saturday, August 31 LA of Anaheim (I) TBD
Saturday, September 14 Cincinnati TBD
Sunday, September 22 St. Louis 1:10 p.m.
Tuesday, April 16 San Francisco 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, May 8 Texas (I) 7:10 p.m.
Monday, May 27 Minnesota 1:10 p.m.
Sunday, June 9 Philadelphia 1:10 p.m.* (Carlos Gomez bobblehead)
Saturday, June 22 Atlanta TBD
Sunday, July 7 New York-NL 1:10 p.m.* (Hank Aaron bobblehead)
Saturday, July 20 Miami TBD
Thursday, August 15 Cincinnati 7:10 p.m.
Tuesday, September 17 Chicago-NL 7:10 p.m.
Saturday, September 21 St. Louis TBD
RIVALS PLUS PLAN
Monday, April 29 Pittsburgh 7:10 p.m.
Saturday, May 4 St. Louis TBD
Tuesday, May 28 Minnesota (I) 7:10 p.m.
Saturday, June 8 Philadelphia TBD
Wednesday, June 26 Chicago-NL 7:10 p.m.
Monday, July 8 Cincinnati 7:10 p.m.
Sunday, August 4 Washington 1:10 p.m.* (Harvey Kuenn bobblehead)
Tuesday, August 20 St. Louis 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, September 4 Pittsburgh 7:10 p.m.
Monday, September 16 Chicago-NL 7:10 p.m.
Friday, April 5 Arizona 7:10 p.m.
Friday, April 19 Chicago-NL 7:10 p.m.
Friday, May 3 St. Louis 7:10 p.m.
Friday, May 24 Pittsburgh 7:10 p.m.
Friday, June 7 Philadelphia 7:10 p.m.
Friday, July 5 New York-NL 7:10 p.m.
Friday, August 2 Washington 7:10 p.m.
Friday, August 30 LA of Anaheim (I) 7:10 p.m.
Friday, September 13 Cincinnati 7:10 p.m.
Friday, September 20 St. Louis 7:10 p.m.
HOT SUMMER NIGHTS PLAN
Monday, June 3 Oakland (I) 7:10 p.m.
Thursday, June 6 Philadelphia 7:10 p.m.
Tuesday, June 25 Chicago-NL 7:10 p.m.
Tuesday, July 9 Cincinnati 7:10 p.m.
Friday, July 19 Miami 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, July 24 San Diego 7:10 p.m.
Friday, August 16 Cincinnati 7:10 p.m.
Monday, August 19 St. Louis 7:10 p.m.
Tuesday, September 3 Pittsburgh 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, September 18 Chicago-NL 7:10 p.m.
* – All-Fan Bobblehead Giveaway, (I) – Interleague, Gold Game, Marquee Game.
All times CT. Dates/times subject to change.
The Milwaukee Brewers will include 10 All-Fan Bobblehead Dates on the promotional schedule during the 2013 season. All bobblehead dates are scheduled on Sundays and the collectibles will include current and former players.
The first bobblehead, presented by Robert Haack Diamonds, will feature leadoff batter Norichika Aoki on the first Sunday of the season – April 7 against the Diamondbacks. Aoki led all National League rookies in stolen bases (30) and tied for the NL rookie lead in hits (150) and outfield assists (8) while ranking among the leaders in numerous statistical categories. (BN note: Aoki finished fifth in NL Rookie of the Year voting.)
The second bobblehead is scheduled for April 21 against the Cubs when former first baseman George Scott—presented by Toyota—isfeatured with his five Gold Glove awards as a Brewer from 1972-76.
On May 5 against the Cardinals, the Brewers will pay tribute to the Minor League Milwaukee Brewers, who played in the American Association from 1902-52. Corey Hart—presented by Kwik Trip—will be showcased in a 1913 Brewers uniform to honor the 100th Anniversary of the team’s first American Association championship. The American Association Brewers won eight pennants during their 51 seasons of existence.
A Ryan Braun bobblehead, which will honor his 40/30 season in 2012, is set for May 26 vs. the Pirates and is presented by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. Braun followed up his 2011 MVP season with 41 home runs and 30 stolen bases to become just the ninth member of Major League Baseball’s 40/30 Club. This will be the third Brewers bobblehead for Braun (also 2008 and 2009).
Carlos Gomez will get his first Brewers bobblehead, presented by Time Warner Cable, on June 9 against the Phillies. The collectible will include Gomez in a Cerveceros uniform (“Cerveceros” is the Spanish translation for Brewers and the team has worn Cerveceros uniforms during the Cerveceros Day celebration in each of the last seven seasons).
The Brewers will host Polish Heritage Day on June 23 against the Braves and all fans will receive a Klement’s Famous Racing Sausage Polish Bobble, presented by Klement’s Sausage. Polish Sausage will be featured wearing a “Piwowarzy” jersey, which is the Polish translation for Brewers.
The first player in MLB history with a 40/30 season was Hank Aaron as a member of the Milwaukee Braves in 1963. He finished that season with 44 home runs and 31 stolen bases. On July 7 against the Mets, a Hank Aaron bobblehead will commemorate his 40/30 season in a Milwaukee Braves uniform. It marks the third Aaron bobblehead to be given away at Miller Park (also 2002 and 2010).
Harvey Kuenn, who was named American League Manager of the Year in 1982 after leading the Brewers to the World Series, will be featured with a bobblehead on August 4 against the Nationals.
The month of September will include a pair of former outfielders – Gorman Thomas and Ben Oglivie.
Thomas was the first player selected by the Seattle Pilots in the first round of the 1969 June Draft and as such, his bobblehead will feature him in a Pilots uniform on September 1 against the Angels.
On September 15 against the Reds, Oglivie will round out the bobblehead schedule. This will mark the first full-size Brewers bobblehead of the three-time All-Star.
In a press release about the sale of Brewers 4-game Holiday Packs, there was some information included about some of the bobbleheads for next year. This prompted me to look up the rest of the information which has been shared elsewhere, but not here.
- The Ryan Braun bobblehead will be in commemoration of his 40 HR/30 SB season.
- Likewise, Hank Aaron’s bobblehead will commemorate his 1963 40/30 season as a member of the Milwaukee Braves and will feature him in a Braves uniform.
- Corey Hart will be featured in a “1913 Brewers” uniform.
- Gorman Thomas will don a 1969 Seattle Pilots uniform in his bobblehead.
- The bobblehead for George Scott will feature him holding five Gold Gloves, representative of the five such awards he won during his five-year stint with the Brewers.
- The Polish Racing Sausage will be given away in conjunction with “Polish Heritage Day” at Miller Park. As such, he’ll be wearing a “Piwowarzy” jersey which is Polish for “Brewers”.
- Carlos Gomez will be featured in a gold alternate “Cerveceros” jersey which the team has worn the past couple of years on Cerveceros Day at Miller Park in honor of Hispanic heritage.
They are inviting fans to play along in a guessing game of sorts where the Bernie Brewer twitter account (@Bernie_Brewer) will post a silhouetted image of the subject of the bobblehead in the morning with some clues. You play along by tweeting back with your guess and a #GUESSBREW hash tag.
Then, later the same day via various official Brewers social media outlets, the subject will be revealed.
The official webpage for the revealing is: http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/fan_forum/bobbles.jsp, but I’ll keep track of them all right here as well.
We can easily see that there will be one sausage bobble as has been the norm the last several years.
The schedule of reveals is as follows:
- Bobblehead #1: CLUE: This Brewer will turn 31 in January of 2013. – Guess: Norichika Aoki – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #2: CLUE: This Brewer played his entire career in the AL. – Guess: George Scott – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #3: CLUE: Wore a Brewers uniform his entire career. CLUE: Has played in 14 career postseason games. – Guess: Corey Hart – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #4: CLUE: Wears a number that has been worn by a total of 20 players in team history. Silhouette Only Guess: Ryan Braun (Updated: Still guessing Braun. http://brewernation.mlblogs.com/2012/06/09/milwaukee-brewers-uniform-number-history-8) – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #5: Silhouette Only Guess: Carlos Gomez – CLUE: The player is active on Twitter. – Guess unchanged. – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #6: Silhouette Only Guess: Polish Racing Sausage – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #7: CLUE: Today’s featured player began and ended his career in Milwaukee. CLUE: Played his first and last all-star game with Milwaukee. – Guess: Hank Aaron – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #8: CLUE: Features a Wisconsin native. Guess: Only three Wisconsinites are famous enough to warrant a bobblehead at this point. One (Bob Uecker) had one last year. That means that this should be either Jim Gantner or Harvey Kuenn. CLUE: This player never played for the Brewers. Updated Guess: Obviously Gantner played for the Brewers. My guess is Harvey Kuenn! – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #9: CLUE: This player goes back to the Seattle Pilots days. Guess: Gotta be Stormin’ Gorman Thomas! Who else from that era still warrants a bobblehead? CLUE: This player still has a presence at Miller Park. (Yup!) – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #10: November 9 – CLUE: Was on the 1982 Milwaukee Brewers. Guess: Far too many to properly say anything definitive, but based on the silhouette I know several players who it is not. CLUE: This player once played professionally in Japan. Guess: Ben Oglivie
So there you have it!
All 10 of the bobblehead subjects for 2013 have been revealed! What do you think of the choices? Which one are you looking forward to the most? Vote here: http://wp.me/p1wIvV-98Ls