Results tagged ‘ Opening Day ’
The Milwaukee Brewers today announced specifics of an Opening Day Ticket Opportunity that will allow fans the chance to purchase tickets to Opening Day and weekend games at Miller Park prior to the sale of individual tickets.
Beginning tomorrow, January 21 at 9 a.m. and continuing through Monday, February 17, fans can go to Brewers.com and register for the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets to Opening Day on Monday, March 31 against the Atlanta Braves. Due to limited availability, the Opening Day Ticket Opportunity includes single seats, standing room only and some obstructed view seats. In addition, fans can register for a maximum of eight tickets to each of the weekend games (Friday-Sunday) at Miller Park.
Following registration, a pool of randomly selected winners will be chosen and provided access to an online pre-sale opportunity, based on available inventory. The winners will be notified on Friday, February 21.
There is no charge to register. This will be the only opportunity for fans to purchase single game tickets for Opening Day, other than a very small number set aside for fans lining up at the Box Office on the first day of individual game sales at Miller Park. Single game ticket sales will go on sale at a later date (exact date TBD).
Meanwhile, there are still options available for fans to guarantee their place at Miller Park for Opening Day and other popular games with 10-Packs starting as low as $180. Each 10-Pack includes 10 Brewers home games, plus a bonus of Opening Day or any other game of the fan’s choice absolutely FREE. Fans interested in purchasing 10-Packs are encouraged to call 414-902-HITS (4487) or visit Brewers.com for more information.
Please note: A very limited amount of individual tickets will be available for Opening Day.
On all of the social media accounts for the Brewer Nation…
- Twitter: @BrewerNation
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BrewerNation
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/103439909685431906403
- MySpace (oh yeah, we’ve been doing this for a while)
…the birthday is listed as April 1st. Some people think that I set it up that way because Opening Day happens to be on April 1st this season or because my personal birthday is April 1st.
I didn’t realize how many people actually didn’t get why I have it listed at April 1 though. If you look more closely, the year on the birthday is always listed as 1970. Why?
Glad you asked…
ON THIS DATE IN MLB HISTORY: April 1 – The Milwaukee Brewers organization, headed by Bud Selig, purchases the Seattle Pilots franchise for $10,800,000. Although negotiations were conducted over a period of months, it was not until March 13 when a federal bankruptcy referee declared the Pilots bankrupt. Brewers tickets go on sale the next day. Team equipment is shipped to Milwaukee County Stadium, where the Pilots insignia is ripped off of the uniforms, since there is no time for new uniforms to be made.
The year of that even was 1970. The Seattle Pilots were an expansion franchise who played in Seattle in 1969 but then were sold with less than a week to go before the start of the 1970 season. Opening Day for the new Brewers was April 7, 1970 but the team officially became Milwaukee’s on April 1st.
As this community is a centralized representation of all of the fans of the Milwaukee Brewers, the birthday of being a fan of the Brewers is the appropriate birthday for The Brewer Nation. I may write everything that gets posted on the blog these days, but this is still about all of us. It’s about getting information and opinions out to us fans so that we can collectively apply our fanaticism.
So today, if you’re so inclined to think about firing off a Facebook wall post or a tweet or what have you…thanks! But please realize that you’re also wishing happy birthday to yourself because as a fan of the Milwaukee Brewers and therefore a member of the Brewer Nation, it’s your birthday too!
So like the title says, Happy 43rd Birthday to us! (Also, since it really is, Happy 30th Birthday to John Axford too!)
Oh, and since there is the coincidence of Opening Day being on our birthday, let’s hope the team picks something nice up for us at Miller Park today and gift wraps our first Opening Day victory in five seasons!
Following today’s final exhibition game (a victory over the Chicago White Sox), the Milwaukee Brewers announced their 25-man roster for Opening Day.
Here is the breakdown by position.
- John Axford
- Burke Badenhop
- Marco Estrada
- Mike Fiers
- Alfredo Figaro
- Yovani Gallardo
- Michael Gonzalez
- Tom Gorzelanny
- Jim Henderson
- Brandon Kintzler
- Kyle Lohse
- Chris Narveson
- Wily Peralta
- Jonathan Lucroy
- Martin Maldonado
- Alex Gonzalez
- Yuniesky Betancourt
- Aramis Ramirez
- Jean Segura
- Rickie Weeks
- Norichika Aoki
- Ryan Braun
- Khris Davis
- Carlos Gomez
- Logan Schafer
The Brewers will also be carrying four (4) players on the big league 15-day disabled list to begin the season (Jeff Bianchi, Taylor Green, Corey Hart, Mark Rogers) and one (1) on the 60-day DL (Mat Gamel).
Special congratulations go out to Alfredo Figaro, Mike Fiers, Jim Henderson, Jean Segura, Khris Davis, Wily Peralta, Martin Maldonado, and Logan Schafer who are all making their first Opening Day MLB roster!
Recorded last night over dinner and during a fantasy baseball draft, my podcast partner Cary Kostka and I get you ready for Opening Day!
We discuss the 25-man roster projection, lineup for Opening Day, rotation, Kyle Lohse, Yuniesky Betancourt and more!
Click here to download the podcast: Brewer Nation Podcast – 2013 Opening Day Preparedness
Joseph Attanasio to Continue Tradition of Performing the Opening Day National Anthem; James Beckum of Beckum-Stapleton Little League to Throw Ceremonial First Pitch
The Milwaukee Brewers begin the 2013 season at Miller Park on Monday against the Colorado Rockies. Details for Opening Day ceremonies follow. In addition, promotions for the first homestand, including the first All Fan Bobblehead giveaway – Norichika Aoki on Sunday, April 7 – are included below.
Ticket Availability: Tickets for Opening Day are sold out. Tickets remain available for the other five games of the homestand.
Monday, April 1 vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:10 p.m. (Opening Day)
· Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on Opening Day. The gates to Miller Park will open at 11 a.m. Please note the changes to gate opening times for the 2013 season. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to first pitch for all games this season except for Opening Day and all Saturday games in June, July and August. For those games, gates will open two hours prior to first pitch. Parking lots will open three hours before every game this season.
· First Pitch: James Beckum, founder of the Beckum-Stapleton Little League and former Negro Leagues player, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Beckum started the Beckum-Stapleton Little League on Milwaukee’s near north side in 1964 and has been a fixture in the community and in the league ever since. Beckum will be joined on the field for the first pitch by two players from the Beckum-Stapleton Little League and the RBI Program in Milwaukee. Titus Brown, 12, and Paniya Stewart, 11, both from Milwaukee, will join Stapleton on the field for the first pitch.
· National Anthem: Joseph Attanasio, father of Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio, will sing the national anthem before Monday’s Opening Day.
· Caterpillar Global Mining Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2013 magnetic schedule, compliments of Caterpillar Global Mining. All fans will also receive a Brewers rally towel.
· The 11th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Famous Racing Sausages will take part in the 11th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
The Brewers want to ensure the fan experience at Miller Park is enjoyable and that begins with traveling to and from the game. Throughout the early season games, periodic lane closures will be in effect on I-94. Fans are encouraged to stay up to date on traffic information by visiting the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website at http://www.511wi.gov for up to the minute lane closures, alternate routes and other traffic information. For more information tailored specifically to arriving and departing Miller Park, visit the Miller Park tab at Brewers.com.
OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
The Brewers are urging fans to plan ahead when considering parking options for all games at Miller Park, but in particular for Opening Day. Fans may purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park through the Miller Park Box Office, Brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000. Please note, a limited number of parking passes are available for Opening Day.
Consistent with recent years, the Brewers have arranged for overflow parking at Wisconsin State Fair Park for Opening Day. In the likely event that Miller Park lots reach capacity, fans may take the 84th street exit from I-94 and enter through gate #7. From there, they will see signage and staff directing them to the parking area. A $15 fee will cover vehicle parking and shuttle services are free. Buses, provided by Riteway Bus, will be staged near the U.S. Cellular® Gate at State Fair Park and will offer service to and from Miller Park before and after the game. Shuttle services are scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. and will run until approximately 1.5 hours after the game. Buses will pick up in the drop-off location which will be located on VA grounds. Fans should follow the path marked “Stadium” which will lead them to the Right Field Gate. Please tune in to AM 1180 or go to @Bernie_Brewer on Twitter for up to the minute information.
Tuesday, April 2 vs. Colorado Rockies 7:10 p.m.
· Singles Night, hosted by It’s Just Lunch®: For just $48, fans will receive a Dew Deck Ticket for the Brewers vs. Rockies game, which includes a pre-game buffet and two drinks per person, plus the opportunity to mix and mingle with area singles. For details, visit brewers.com/specialevents.
Wednesday, April 3 vs. Colorado Rockies, 7:10 p.m.
Friday, April 5 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 7:10 p.m
· Time Warner Cable Student Night: College and high school students can purchase $9 Terrace Reserved and $11.50 Loge Bleacher tickets (Excluding Miller Lite Beerpen) courtesy of Time Warner Cable. The first 250 students to purchase tickets in the Time Warner Cable Student Nights Section (Section 233) will receive a free t-shirt. For more information, visit brewers.com/students.
· $15 Fair Fridays: For $15, fans can purchase a Fair Friday package that includes one Terrace Reserved ticket and one general admission ticket to the Wisconsin State Fair presented by U.S Cellular. For more information, visit brewers.com/statefair.
· Miller Lite Beerpen: All fans 21 and older can be a part of the Miller Lite Beerpen in the Right Field Loge Bleachers. Tickets are $23 and include a Brewers t-shirt and special entertainment in the Miller Lite Beerpen. For more information, visit brewers.com/beerpen.
Saturday, April 6 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 6:10 p.m.
· Potawatomi Bingo Casino Brewers Pen Schedule: All fans will receive a 2013 Brewers Pen Schedule presented by Potawatomi Bingo Casino.
Sunday, April 7 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 1:10 p.m.
· Norichika Aoki Bobblehead presented by Robert Haack Diamonds: All fans will receive a Bobblehead featuring Brewers outfielder Norichika Aoki, presented by Robert Haack Diamonds.
· Blue Bunny Ice Cream Sunday: The first 2,000 fans 12 and under will receive a voucher redeemable for a free Blue Bunny Ice Cream treat upon entering Miller Park. The vouchers are redeemable from the time gates open through the end of the first inning of the game.
After playing over 30 Spring Training games in Phoenix for Spring Training, the Milwaukee Brewers return home to Miller Park to close the exhibition season with two games against the Chicago White Sox. The Brewers and their former American League Central rivals will play Friday at 7:10 p.m. and on Saturday at 1:10 p.m.
Tickets for both games are available and are priced at $10 (Field Diamond Box was $15 but are sold out). General parking is $9 if purchased in advance and $10 on the day of the game. Preferred parking is $14 in advance and $18 on the day of the game. Tickets are available by visiting the Miller Park Box Office, online at Brewers.com or by calling the Brewers ticket office at 414-902-4000 or 1-800-933-7890.
The Brewers would also like to make fans aware of several logistical notes before the games this weekend.
- I-94 Lane Closures – The Brewers want to ensure the fan experience at Miller Park is enjoyable and that begins with traveling to and from the game. Throughout the early season games, periodic lane closures will be in effect on I-94. Fans are encouraged to stay up to date on traffic information by visiting the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website at http://www.511wi.gov for up to the minute lane closures, alternate routes and other traffic information.
- Gate Times – Gate times at Miller Park have been adjusted for the 2013 season. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to first pitch for all games this season except Opening Day and all Saturday games in June July and August. For those games, gates will open two hours prior to first pitch.
- Parking Lots – The Miller Park parking lots will open three hours prior to all games this season.
- Weather – With the unusually cold outdoor temperatures this month, fans may care to bring a light jacket to the exhibition games, especially the evening game on Friday. Temperatures in Miller Park will be approximately 30 degrees warmer than outside, meaning it may feel slightly cooler than normal inside the seating bowl.
- Design a YOUniform – In January at Brewers On Deck, the Brewers announced Ben Peters as the winner of the “Design a YOUniform” contest. Nearly 700 fans entered their alternate uniform designs in the contest, and Peters’ winning uniform will be worn by the team for the game on Saturday. Merchandise featuring the winning design is on sale at the Brewers Team Store by Majestic.
This week’s snow had Brewers fans thinking of summer as hundreds lined up outside of Miller Park for the “Arctic Tailgate” to be among the first to purchase individual tickets to Brewers games for 2013.
As of 3 pm, the Brewers have sold a total of 87,000 tickets today, one of the highest totals for a single day in team history.
In addition, the Club announced that Opening Day (April 1 versus the Rockies) is sold out, except for a limited number of tickets that remain as part of Season Seat packages (see below). Three additional games have limited inventory remaining: Saturday, April 20 versus the Cubs; Sunday, May 26 against the Pirates; and Sunday, June 23 versus the Braves.
“As we have said for several years now, we encourage everyone to purchase their tickets in advance,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “Inventory for many of our summer games will sell quickly, and with demand-based pricing, the best deals will typically come for those who buy early.”
Fans still have the opportunity to obtain tickets to the Home Opener and all of the high demand games with the purchase of a partial or full Season Seat plan. Information on Season Seat plans is available by calling 414-902-HITS.
As part of today’s Arctic Tailgate activities, the first 2,000 fans at the Box Office received a free Arctic Tailgate t-shirt, a Klement’s hot dog and a Pepsi.
Tickets remain on sale at the Miller Park Box Office, through brewers.com, by phone (414-902-4000) and at all tickets.com outlets.
After weeks and months of “Stay Tuned!” responses from the Brewers official social media accounts, today they finally confirmed the date of the 2013 Arctic Tailgate. I say “confirmed” as opposed to “revealed” because common sense dictated the date choice this year.
Set for Saturday, February 23rd, here are the details from the official press release…
TICKETS ON SALE BEGINNING SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23
This is the seventh year that the “Arctic Tailgate” party will mark the start of individual ticket sales. The Klement’s Famous Racing SausagesTM, Bernie Brewer and Brewers alumni players will also be on hand to greet the fans. The first 2,000 fans in line will receive a hot dog and soda, compliments of Klement’s, Pepsi and Sportservice, as well as an Arctic Tailgate t-shirt. FOX Sports Wisconsin and Newsradio 620 WTMJ will both serve as media sponsors.
Please note the following safety regulations for the Arctic Tailgate. Participants will not be permitted to set up camp prior to noon on Thursday, February 21. No hand-made or hand-built shelters shall be permitted. No shelters made of cardboard or wood will be permitted. Shelters with a footprint greater than 100 square feet are not permitted unless otherwise approved by the Brewers. Miller Park power sources are not available for public use and gas generators are not permitted on the property. Only State-Approved gas/propane heating/grilling units with fuel-valve turn-offs and self-contained charcoal/wood units are permitted; provided, however, that they must be a minimum distance of 25 feet from the building or shelters. Activity and items permitted on the premises are subject to the approval of the Brewers. The Brewers reserve the right to remove any shelter, items, or individuals from the property.
Only a very limited number of tickets for Opening Day will be available at this event (note: Miller Park Box Office will be the only place where fans will be able to purchase individual Opening Day tickets on February 23; no phone or online orders will be accepted). Each fan will be limited to a maximum of four tickets for Opening Day, based on availability. Meanwhile, through Monday, February 11, fans can visit Brewers.com and register for the chance to be selected in an Opening Day opportunity to purchase up to four tickets to Opening Day and up to eight tickets to Gold and Marquee Games at Miller Park this season.
Fans will also be able to purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park including Opening Day. Advance general parking passes for Opening Day and all other games are priced at $9 with Preferred Parking at $14 per pass. Bus passes can also be obtained in advance for $35. For Opening Day, there is a purchase limit of two advance parking passes per ticket order. A complete listing of the parking prices is listed below.
In addition to the Miller Park Box Office, fans will be able to buy tickets and parking at Brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000. The Miller Park Box Office will be open until 5 p.m. on February 23. Normal Box Office hours are from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Monday – Friday (beginning Monday, February 25), 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Sundays.
2013 Miller Park Parking Information
LocationAdvanceDay of GameDay of Game
|All Games||Marquee Games||Non-Marquee|
*Opening Day will feature Marquee pricing.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
The Milwaukee Brewers today announced specifics of an Opening Day Opportunity that will allow fans the chance to purchase tickets to Opening Day at Miller Park and other Gold and Marquee Games prior to the sale of individual tickets.
Beginning tomorrow, January 22 at 9 a.m. and continuing through Monday, February 11, fans can go to Brewers.com and register for the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets to Opening Day on Monday, April 1 against the Colorado Rockies. Due to limited availability, the Opening Day Opportunity includes single seats, standing room only and some obstructed view seats. In addition, fans can register for a maximum of eight tickets to Gold and Marquee Games at Miller Park.
This year’s Marquee Game schedule includes Opening Day – April 1 vs. the Rockies, April 19-21 vs. the Cubs, June 25-27 vs. the Cubs and September 16-19 vs. the Cubs. Gold Games include the following 16 games: May 4-5 vs. the Cardinals, June 8-9 vs. the Phillies, June 22-23 vs. the Braves, July 6-7 vs. the Mets, July 20-21 vs. the Marlins, August 3-4 vs. the Nationals, August 17-18 vs. the Reds and August 31- September 1 vs. the Angels.
Following registration, a pool of randomly selected winners will be chosen and provided access to an online pre-sale opportunity, based on available inventory. The winners will be notified on Friday, February 15.
There is no charge to register. This will be the only opportunity for fans to purchase single game tickets for Opening Day, other than a very small number set aside for fans lining up at the Box Office on the first day of individual game sales at Miller Park. Single game ticket sales will begin in late February (exact date TBD).
Meanwhile, there are still options available for fans to guarantee their place at Miller Park for Opening Day and Marquee Games all season long with plans starting as low as the 10-Pack. Each 10-Pack includes 10 Brewers home games, plus a bonus of Opening Day or any other game of the fan’s choice absolutely FREE. Fans interested in purchasing 10-Packs are encouraged to call 414-902-HITS (4487) or visit Brewers.com for more information.
Please note: A very limited amount of individual tickets will be available for Opening Day.